A bold new socially responsible vision for the way restaurants operate both socially and environmentally: in particular the production of premium beef is how Gaucho are celebrating the 25th Anniversary. The first step of Gaucho 2.0 is to be articulated in its radically evolved concept in the original site on Charlotte Street, which launches on 9th December with a host of new features, innovative approaches and design aesthetic.
Out with the cowhide and in with earth tones as Argentine landscape inspired tones, colours and textures set the mood. This new era marks a distinct change in creative direction. The 128-cover restaurant will include:
- Beef Bar: counter showcasing the theatre of the kitchens, showcasing an intimate chef experience with tartare, carpaccio, a variety of specials and new dishes
- Casual dining: new upstairs casual dining area offering a separate, speedy menu with substantial, delicious bar snacks – perfect for a lunch time meeting or after work meeting spot
- Incredible selection of wine on tap: dramatically reducing carbon footprint. The largest selection of Argentinian wines outside the country, plus a new list section for the best other world regions’ wines
- Destination cocktails: two elegant bars with that are a new Fitzrovia drink-spot whether for a quick cocktail or to settle in with bar food
- Cinema screen: a cutting edge projector and screening setup showing regular films for the return of Gaucho Film Club throughout the year – an immersive dining and drinking experience where you eat and drink what you see on the screen
- Stunning private dining room and event spaces: a beautiful lower ground private dining room with a striking banquette style seating area with ochre surroundings, uniquely commissioned artwork and photography and a tri fold entrance opening out on to the bar floor allowing a larger space and screening area, perfect for entertaining and events
- Accessibility: in the spirit of our times, the new concept has been designed to be much more accessible to the modern consumer: plug sockets and superfast WiFi make this venue ideal for co-working during the day, and family-friendly menus ensure all ages are accommodated. Dogs are also welcome.
Our food is of contemporary global influence based strongly around modern Argentina – but the brand new restaurant in Charlotte street has an extended menu which differs from other sites within the collection.
Starters include Scallop Ceviche and a selection of Empanadas. Steaks naturally take centre stage and are available in a variety of cuts and weights, with the option to be marinated and served according to classic Argentine recipes, including Tira de Ancho and Churrasco de Lomo. Sharing steaks include Galician T-bone and Chateaubriand. Sauces, toppings and side options are plentiful to personal taste from firecracker chimichurri to chorizo butter and black truffle.
Plentiful seafood options include fillet of seabass and Atlantic cod, with garlic and herb half lobster served alongside steak for a show-stopping surf & turf. Other favourites are Ají Amarillo Spatchcock Chicken cooked over an open fire, while vegetarian options include nods to the Argentina’s close historic connection to Italy, with Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle and Beetroot Risotto. Desserts include Salted Dulche de Leche Cheesecake and comforting Sticky Toffee Pudding with clotted cream.
Environmentally the brand is working with its suppliers to implement some game changing innovations and drafting a commitment with targets for the business to improve its carbon footprint.